Thursday, April 7, 2011

A lack of info, but...

Well, I have some new information, along with some new things to research.

I was finally able to find Marvin's step-daughter Kelly!  And Marvin!  Thanks goes out to my wonderful cousin Sarah for a simple connection on how to find her.  We spoke on the phone for over 1/2 hour and it was so good to reconnect with her.  I remember her from my childhood and I'm glad that she remembered me as well. :)

Kelly did provide me with some useful information.  She remembers that Marvin Sr. took them down to Kentucky when she was around 10-11 and she met someone that Marvin Sr. introduced as their aunt.  Now, this could have been on Marvin's Dad's side, but the hopeful person in me hopes it refers to his Mom's side (my grandma).  If that is the case, it would have to be Lillian they met because all of the other children live either here in New Castle or in Missouri.

She is trying to get ahold of Marvin Jr. to see if they put their brains together if they can pinpoint the city they were in.

However, I'm still 99.9% sure I'm going to have to make a trip to Ohio to get any further in this quest.

Off of the Lillian front though, I got in contact with my 2nd cousin (?) on Facebook!  I've never met her, but she did give me her number and I'm going to give her a call tonight to let her know what I'm doing and also hoping I can count on her to get me the information for their side of the family tree! :)  Providing there are 7 kids from her Mother, that's a lot of info to fill out.  Hopefully she can put me in contact with some of the other family members from my Grandma's other sisters and brothers so I can get all their info filled into the chart too!  The one sister had 14 kids!  So that's a LOT of info to obtain!  lol

I shall update again when I hear back from Kelly regarding the Kentucky connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment